Vande Mataram from Bankim Chandra Chattopadyaya's "Anand Mutt" remains the classic Indian national song.
This song was sung by Lata Mangeshkar and the Music Director was Hemant Kumar Mukhopadyaya.
Vande MÄtaram ("I bow to thee, Mother") is a poem in the 1882 novel Anandamath by Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay. It is written in a mixture of Bengali and Sanskrit
It should be noted that the original Vande Mataram consists of six stanzas and the translation in prose for the complete poem by Shri Aurobindo appeared in Karmayogin, 20 November, 1909.
I bow to thee, Mother,
richly-watered, richly-fruited,
cool with the winds of the south,
dark with the crops of the harvests,
The Mother!
Her nights rejoicing in the glory of the moonlight,
her lands clothed beautifully with her trees in flowering bloom,
sweet of laughter, sweet of speech,
The Mother, giver of boons, giver of bliss.
Apart from the above prose translation, Sri Aurobindo also translated Vande Mataram into a verse form known as Mother, I Bow to Thee
No comments:
Post a Comment